Staff Selection Commission will hold on Sundays, the 2ndNovember,2014 and 9thNovember,2014 ( 02.11.2014 & 09.11.2014), an All India Open Competitive Examination for recruitment to the Group-“C” posts of Data Entry Operator in Pay Band-1, Grade Pay Rs. 2400 and Lower Division Clerk in Pay Band-1, Grade Pay Rs.1900 in various Central Government Ministries / Departments / Offices. Minimum education qualification for the exam is 12thStandard Pass from recognized board/university. The exam will comprise of a written objective type Examination followed by Data Entry Skill Test/Typing Test.
Staff Selection Commission invites online application for the recruitment of Data Entry Operators/Lower Divisional Clerk for 12th
Standard Pass holders
Company name : Staff Selection Commission
Posts : Data Entry Operators/Lower Divisional Clerk
Qualification : 12th Standard Pass
No of Openings : 1997
Location : Across India
Last date to apply : 19.08.2014.
(1) The Commission will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, the candidature is accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible before applying. Copies of supporting documents will be sought only from those candidates who qualify for the Skill Test. At the time of scrutiny if any claim in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled. The Commission’s decision shall be final.
(2) BEFORE APPLYING, CANDIDATES IN THEIR OWN INTEREST ARE ADVISED TO GO THROUGH THE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS NOTICE AND ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE OF THE COMMISSION( http://ssc.nic.in) CAREFULLY.
(3) · Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC /PH/EXS must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim at the time of Skill Test. Copies of the certificate, etc. will be sought at the time of Skill Test.
(4) FEE: RUPEES ONE HUNDRED ONLY(Rs 100.00) payable through CRF stamps for Off line application or SBI Challan or Online payment through SBI payment portal in the case of Online application. Fee is exempted for all Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation, as per Government orders.
(5) CLOSING DATE: 19.08.2014 (upto 5:00 P.M.). For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad – 26.08.2014(upto 5:00 P.M.). APPLICATIONS RECEIVED LATE WILL BE REJECTED and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. COMMISSION WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR POSTAL DELAY.
(6) Only a single application will be entertained. IN CASE OF MULTIPLE ONLINE APPLICATIONS, the last combleted application will be accepted. in the case of multiple off-line applications, the concerned regional office will accept any one of the applications at its discretion. 10. mobiles including earphones and connected cords and other electronic gadgets are banned within the premises of the examination centres. possession of such equipment whether in use or in switched off mode, during the examination will be considered as use of unfair means. candidature of such candidates will be cancelled. they will be liable for further action including initiation of criminal proceedings and debarment from commission‟s examination upto 3 (three) years.
(7) Candidates must carry at least one photo bearing IDENTITY PROOF in original such as Driving Licence, Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, Identity Card issued by University/College, Income Tax Pan Card etc to the examination centre, failing which THEY SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED TO APPEAR IN THE EXAMINATION.
VACANCIES / RESERVATION :
- Tentative vacancies for the post of Data Entry Operators and Lower Divisional Clerk are 1006 and 991 respectively. .
- PREFERENCE FOR MINISTRY/DEPARTMENT/OFFICE WILL BE TAKEN FROM THE CANDIDATES QUALIFIED FOR SKILL TEST/TYPING TEST AT THE TIME OF SKILL TEST/TYPING TEST.
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/ExS/PH etc. categories is available as per extant Govt. Orders.
- One Arm Affected (OA), One Leg Affected (OL), One arm and one leg affected (OAL), Both Leg Affected (BL),Hearing Handicapped (HH) and Low Vision (LV) are eligible for the post of Data Entry Operator.
- One Arm Affected (OA), Both Legs Affected (BL), One Leg Affected (OL), One arm and one leg Affected (OAL), Blind (B), Low Vision (LV) & Hearing Handicapped (HH), are eligible for the post of Lower Division Clerk.
- All the posts carry All India Service Liability (AISL) i.e. the candidate, on selection, may be asked to serve anywhere in the country
AGE LIMIT: 18-27 years as on 01.08.2014 (Candidates born not before 02-08-1987 and not later than 01-08-1996.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: ( As on 01.08.2014) Must have passed 12thStandard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
MODE OF PAYMENT: FEE PAYABLE Rs. 100/-(Rupees One Hundred only)